Make up sentences using these phrases:
- That was my mistake:
- They would be ready tomorrow,
- I have made my homework yesterday.
- You would meet a new friend,
- He said that
- just as you said!
- he had found his wallet.
- The day before yesterday I had played truant.
- I had eaten too much that evening.
- they said.
Insert the correct form of the verb in the blanks:
- They said they (come) ______________ at our place this evening.
- Sarah said she (do) ________________ more exercises to feel better.
- Mike thought that he (arrive) _______________ earlier than he really did.
- I think that my students (make) _________________ no mistakes in their homework.
- We are sure that you (have) ___________ a good time with your friends before we arrived.
Correct the mistakes (you can double check on the grammar page):
- She said that she was been working on your project all day.
- I said that he was sang at the concert hall, that we had to hurry.
- I said that I found a new book by Robert S. few days before.
- You said that you had waiting for two hours.
- I said that I meet him tomorrow.
Change to the direct speech:
- I said that you had to do this yesterday. You haven’t done this yet!
- She said that I could take her part of the pizza.
- They did not know that he would turn traitor.
- You couldn’t see she was acting in a wrong way.
- We couldn’t understand she acted in a wrong way until the mistake was spotted.