A little more training today! Please, refer to the corresponding lesson before doing your homework.
1. Insert the needed preposition:
- Come ___! We were waiting ___ you.
- Come ___! You don’t need to worry!
- Show must go __!
- Let’s meet ___ the bus station.
- I saw him yesterday ___ the theater.
- What can you see ___ this painting?
- I’m tired. I will be ___ home if you need me.
- Where is my toothbrush? – As usual, __ its place.
- He is __ the garden.
2. Correct the mistakes:
- He was at the garden.
- I’m studying today in the University.
- You will be working in the factory.
- He was sitting in the river-bank.
- We were going at the theater.
- She was sitting in my chair.
- He is standing at a stone.
- Can you see him there in the bench?
3. Make sentences using the following list of prepositions:
on, at, while, during, for, in (some of them are used few times)
- I was sunbathing ____ he was swimming.
- He was sunbathing ____ two hours ____ his nightmare.
- Are you sitting ___ a chair or ___ an armchair?
- We came ___ our friend’s.
- We had fun, but we weren’t feeling __ home there.
- They spoke ___ a while; then they left the room.
- All __ good time!
- Look. One more leaf _ the floor. I guess that it’s autumn.
- Hello. I’m __ my way home. Can I call you back _ one hour?