Good morning, afternoon, evening!
I hope that you did your home task yesterday, and you’ll only check it today.
Could you have changed your attitude towards your pet? If everybody takes more care of his dog, the idioms will switch to the better ones. There won’t be such phrase as “work like a dog.”
Though you guess already, the modern idiom should be pronounced “work like a man.”
Here are the correct answers:
- They had to run away the tail between the legs. They weren’t supposed to stay and suffer the rest of the story.
- Look at Fred. In a year he wants to become a top dog in their factory. The most unusual is that he can do it.
- Oh! Dog my cats! Please, take Chris away from the lions!
- Does Bern think that it is better to be the leader of a small group than a follower of a bigger one? – Yes, sure. For him, it’s better to be the head of a dog than the tail of a lion.
- Try not to rub them the wrong way. They may answer your actions in a wrong way.
- He stood on the nail. Everybody could see that his dogs were barking.
- Don’t cry; that’s just not our day. You know, every dog has his day.
- There was a director in our team, who could make all the rest of us move. He was the tail wagging the dog.
- One friend of mine has always liked to hound the low-performing people. I couldn’t understand her wild life philosophy.
- After two hours of family argument, they decided to call off the dogs. It was a question without much choice.
- When his wife came in like a dog with two tails, he thought that finally, they did it! They have waited for too long the gift of the pregnancy.
- Accept it. This is a dog-eat-dog world. One can’t change it by himself.
- I’d say that they’re as crooked as a dog’s hind leg. Don’t trust them.
- Thank you for a fresh idea. You know, they think that dog won’t hunt. But don’t worry, it may work if we make a few changes here and here.
- Anna said that their project would go to the dogs. It was clear to her from the very beginning.
- Let sleeping dogs lie. You shouldn’t irritate him today.
- I seem to work like a dog, sufficiently to die from exhaustion.
- Will you remember the complete meal? It’s a mix of everything, as a dog’s dinner. Right now I can’t retrieve a dish from today’s menu.