1) Insert the following adjectives: expensive, important, interesting, incredible, dear, amusing, adorable, next, last, lovely, nice, well-known, noble, obvious.
- I want to buy this painting; it is so ______! But I can’t afford it. It is too ___.
- What a ______ boy!
- His answer is _______, and his reaction is _______.
- My _____ child, I want to tell you a very ______ piece of news!
- Who is ____?
- Oh, that’s _______! I can’t believe it!
- The _____ time I saw her, she wanted to make a haircut. Maybe now it would be difficult to recognize her.
- That’s an _____ game, but they don’t want to play it.
- We have a horse-breeding business. Look at this ____ horse!
- It is _________ that the Earth rotates around the Sun.
- Thank you! It was a _____ dinner.
2) Correct the mistakes (chose the correct place for the adjective:
- What remarkable a picture!
- This is nice very of you.
- You are more than beautiful I thought.
- He angry is always.
- That tender sounds.
- What a play perfect, I love it.
- I want to take part in international an chess tournament.
- Bob handsome is, unfortunately, shy he looks too.
- Why does she have such a smile sly?
- Andrew Perkins is the most writer famous of the year.
- This is imaginary an fact.
- His glory would immortal be.
- Can you believe it? We met a hero living!
3) Make the comparative form:
- You are beautiful, but your sister is _____ ______.
- He’s so angry. I haven’t seen him ____ before.
- It’s dangerous. I don’t know anything ______ ______.
- This cake is big enough, but the previous one was ____.
- Don’t you think this exercise is easy? No, the previous one was ____.
- Today my skirt is not short. Yesterday it was _____.
- Don’t you think that this is funny? Please, try to make something ____.
- He is old, but he can’t sit still. I am afraid that when he gets ____, he will become a true adventurer!
- Andy is happy today. Have you seen him ____ before?
- You are famous, why do you want to be ___ ___?
- That day was so sunny! How do you think will this day be ____?
4) Make the superlative form:
- Are you hungry? – Yes, I am __ ____ person here!
- Do you think this dish is tasty? It should be __ ___ dish for the festival.
- They are important for me, but nothing more. Why do you think they are __ __ __ people for me?
- Sunday I always feel happy. But this Monday I will be __ ___ person in the world: I will meet my best friend!
- Are you healthy? – Yes, thank you. I’m __ ___ man.
- Is he young? Yes, he is __ ___ among us.
- I have visited a lot of markets in my life; all of them were crowded. But this one is __ ___ ____.
Find out the grammar for this lesson here.