We continue discovering our special comic strips by our friend Mike Franklin!
The main idea is to find a lot of fun and amusement in the British English humor, so don’t let your guard down!
Try to transform the text to the needed one and guess the primary meaning.
After we’ll discuss the secondary meaning we get after we read these phrases thoroughly.
- Yore on her. This poe lease in spectre saw her ass ass in ate hymn – her farther.
Your Honour. This police inspector saw her assassinate him – her father.
- He was on due tea and did are rest her.
He was on duty and did arrest her.
- Write. Tote alley ill eagle. Sent tense – ex he cute two knight.
Right. Totally illegal. Sentence – execute tonight.
- Yore – long ago
- You’re on her – to be on one = be at one’s expense, either as a treat or the butt of a joke.
- Your Honour – the common way of addressing a judge.
- Poe – port of entry//Edgar Allan, 1809–49, U.S. poet, short-story writer, and critic.
- Lease – a contract renting land, buildings, etc., to another
- Spectre – some object or source of terror or dread
- Ass – a stupid, foolish, or stubborn person// any wild species of the genus Equus, as the onager// Slang. sexual intercourse
- Ate (eat) – be eating someone – to worry, annoy, or bother
- Farther – more distant or remote than something or some place nearer
- Tote – to carry, as on one’s back or in one’s arms//something toted
- Alley – a passage, as through a continuous row of houses, permitting access from the street to backyards, garages, etc.//a walk, as in a garden, enclosed with hedges or shrubbery.
- Ill – of unsound physical or mental health; unwell; sick//evil; wicked; bad
- Eagle – any of several large, soaring birds of prey belonging to the hawk family Accipitridae, noted for their size, strength, and powers of flight and vision: formerly widespread in North America, eagles are mostly confined to Alaska and a few isolated populations//a former gold coin of the U.S.
- Sent – Send (sent) – to cause, permit, or enable to go
- Tense – in a state of mental or nervous strain//stretched tight, as a cord, fiber
- Ex – free of charges to the purchaser until the time of removal from a specified place or thing//a former spouse or a former partner in a long-term romantic relationship
- Cute – attractive, especially in a dainty way; pleasingly pretty//mentally keen; clever; shrewd.
- Knight – a mounted soldier serving under a feudal superior in the Middle Ages//to dub or make (a man) a knight.
Now it’s up to you to imagine this mix of text and information in your head! I guess that someone would be finally made a knight.