Finally, we have studied this subject!
I know, it was not easy for all of you, but when we are here we have to practice. This is not in my rules to leave my students without a lot of homework.
Yesterday we did some exercises just to recall the rules; today the practice would be more intense. Remember: practice makes perfect.
Change back to the Present Perfect:
- He had done his part of the deal.
- I had found new way of playing the violin.
- I did not know why she had changed her mind.
- We did everything we could, but he said that we had had to do much more!
- You had heard the joke before, so that is why you did not laugh yesterday.
Change back to the Present Perfect Continuous:
- She had been singing the main part of the opera when suddenly she coughed.
- It had been snowing. We can see a lot of snow banks.
- I had been swimming in the river when I heard her voice.
- We had been dreaming when the bell rang.
- They had been writing the test when the storm broke.
Insert the correct form of the verb in the blanks:
- I had (do) ___ my work before he came back.
- You had (have) _____ dinner. After you went out at 9 p.m.
- When we had (watch) ___ ____ the film, the electricity turned off.
- She had (dance) ___ ___ when she saw her boyfriend.
- He had been working when he (break) ___ his pencil.
- They had (swim) ____ this distance long before you wanted to break the record.
- It had (eat) ___ its birdseed before it started to eat the seeds of your apple.
Correct the mistakes:
- I had have dinner.
- What have you being doing when I came?
- It raining have been.
- He hads made his apple pie.
- You had were talking to your friend when you sneezed.
Make up sentences:
- Made, a, had, big, they, cake.
- Started, Adam, a, project, had, new.
- Been, Jenny, had, working, for, hours, two, by that time.
- You, had, looking, someone, Bella, at, been, when, touched, your shoulder.
I hope you will have a good time doing this homework! Once again check the rules here.