Once again you have learned a little more difficult grammar. So I will give you the easier exercises today. Please, do your homework carefully with patience.
a) Make up sentences:
- Want, you, see, today, they, to.
- Need, I, meet, them, to.
- Hopes, with, he, to, sing, her.
- Try, learn, words, to, new, we.
- You, of, to, follow, learn, the rules, grammar.
b) Correct the mistakes:
- I want you to swimming.
- You hate to sing songs.
- They enjoy to dance every evening.
- She wants working this morning.
- He hopes to working with them.
- We will stop to look at them if you tell us what is wrong with their hands. Why are they green?
c) Make requests to do the following: swim, dance, play, work, learn, start, be polite, clean.
- I want you to clean your room.
- She asks him __ ____ with her.
- They advise us ___ ____ harder.
- Please, teach me ___ _____.
- We need ______ _____, but not rude.
- You have ____ _____ a new project tomorrow.
- Our teacher is always telling us __ _____ a lot of new words. We feel overtired today.
d) Explain why you do this or that thing:
- Why did you buy a new toy for your dog? – To have more fun with him!
- Why do you eat a lot of salads? – To ____.
- Why do you make so much noise?
- Why do they meet in the evening?
- Why does she work a lot?
- Why do we spend so much time in front of TV?
- Why do dolphins play with people?
- Why have you colored your hair?
- Why do I talk to them?
e) Change to reported speech:
- She says: “I’m hungry.”
- They said: “We don’t need this to be famous.”
- We say: “You should learn ten new words every day, and you will know a lot in one month.”
- I said: “Don’t use your car too often.”
- They answered: “We really love your tea. But we would add a little more milk.”
- You answered: “We don’t often drive our car in the evenings.”
Find out the grammar for this lesson here.