Let’s do the homework quickly and have fun after it. Remember your 30 minutes of walk every day! See you outside after your homework.
Make up sentences using the following phrases:
- I wish
- If only I knew
- They felt as if
- He would call you,
- He looked as if
- He would
- It is urgent
- It is strange
- he had knocked over a bank.
- they had become students once again.
- where he is. I am looking for him now, but I don’t know where to search.
- but he is busy today.
- that you should have heard about this so late.
- that you learn English.
- have bought the flowers, but the shop was closed.
- I knew everything before!
Choose the needed Subjunctive to express:
1) an impossible or desirable action that can’t really happen;
2) an action that could have really happened, but haven’t;
3) a necessary or desirable action that can happen.
c) Subjunctive similar to Conditional
Insert in the blanks (I knew, had knocked, should, hadn’t, should have, were, become, would, learn, would have):
- He __ call you, but he is busy today.
- He __ __ bought the flowers, but the shop was closed.
- It is urgent that you __ the whole Wikipedia.
- It is strange that you __ do this today.
- It is sad that you __ __ heard about this so late.
- If only my brother __ here!
- If only __ __ where he is. I am looking for him now, but I don’t know where to search.
- I wish I __ told them about my projects.
- He looked as if he __ __ over a bank.
- They felt as if they had __ students once again.