My dear students, this subject had always made me fear, that’s why I give you the comfortable homework for these lessons. First, you have to revise your new grammar: which choice lies on the needed shelf in our imaginary supermarket. Some phrases repeat the ones from the grammar page. So you don’t have to be afraid. This is easy.
Choose which verb expresses:
- Moral imperative
- A piece of advice
- Previous agreement
- Confident supposition
- a) be to
- b) should
- c) ought to
- d) have to
Correct the mistakes:
- I had study a lot to become a teacher.
- Everyone has have eight hours’ sleep at night.
- She have to work hard.
- They has to give up smoking to treat for a cough.
- The next course to start this summer.
- Am to stay here until you come back?
- You are meet your friends at the airport this afternoon.
- If we are to study together for six years, we should not enemies.
- You should to study these rules thoroughly.
- They ought pass their exams.
- Why shoulds he feel guilty?
Insert in the blanks (have to, be to, ought to, should):
- I __ __ train a lot to become a sportsman.
- To be healthy everyone __ __ have eight hours’ sleep at night.
- She will __ __ learn the rules.
- They __ __ give up smoking.
- The next course __ __ start this summer.
- You __ __ meet your friends at the airport this afternoon.
- We __ __ study together for six years, so we should not be enemies.
- You __ study these rules thoroughly.
- They __ __ pass their exams.
- Why __ __ he feel innocent? He is guilty!