One of my students asked me to add some homework to practice more. I hope that you will not mind.
I will try to add some words to learn from the previous lessons.
If this sounds easy to you, imagine that tomorrow we are going to have a class and I am going to ask you not only the words from that short list, but from the lesson on the whole. Always remember that you are learning for your own sake and you will use your knowledge every time you need it.
To help you I have underlined some words and word-combinations in the previous lesson.
- Refresh your vocabulary:
- When you don’t want to make a purchase, because of the high price, what will you whisper in your friend’s ear?
- When you would like to know the price, what will you say?
- When you discuss something or someone, which preposition will you use?
- If you want to know someone’s age, what will you ask?
- If you want to know something about your friend’s state of health, what will you ask?
- If you want to know location of anything, which interrogative word will you use?
- If you want to ask someone about things which name you don’t know, you will say…?
- Make up sentences using the following phrases:
- What is this?
- Where is my mind?
- Who is that boy?
- Why is this ice cream so strange?
- How is she?
- How old are your parents?
- Excuse me. Where is the bus stop?
- How much is this pearl necklace?
- Sorry, I am late.
- Are you sure about this?
- Stop this, please! You are tone-deaf!
- Nadine is fine, but a little bit tired. You should not disturb her.
- Certainly! I have checked this twice.
- That’s okay if you promise this is the last time you come late.
- This is my favourite teapot. I come here every day to look at it, but I don’t buy it. It is too much expensive.
- This is not an ice cream – this is sorbet.
- It costs $50, but I am afraid you can’t buy this one. One lady already prepaid it.
- I don’t know, but you can ask that boy. He is local here.
- That is Alfred; he always lounges around.
- They are young enough and already famous.
- Correct the mistakes in the following phrases:
- Hello! I’s a doctor. What are your question?
- We wants to ask how is our sister.
- Let’s meets next to the market at 9 AM?
- Look at this! Am you beautiful with this necklace?
- Is you a student or a teacher? I am a schoolboy, so I am free very early.
- Oh! That are my best friend!
- Do you want me to sing for you? I is the best singer!
- I know that your parents is rich. Why doesn’t you want to ask them for money?
- This are against my rules!
- He am very smart.
- Make a short story about two friends using the phrases from the previous exercises.
Find out the information from the lesson 3 here.