Intermediate English, Lesson 1: grammar
Intermediate English, Lesson 1: homework
Answer the following questions using the correct grammar:
- Did you use to smoke before?
- Are they used to swimming long distances?
- Are you used to waiting your friends when they come late?
- Did she use to dance when she was a child?
- Is he used to working till late in the evening?
- Did we use to swim every day before the previous year?
- Did I use to speak loudly to you? Sorry.
- Did Jack use to play football?
- Is Ann used to dancing every day?
- Are they used to being told what to do?
Ask questions using the used to do and be used to doing forms:
- We are not used to singing songs, but we really want to get used to this.
- I used to drink a lot of tea, but now I drink coffee every day just like crazy.
- John used to dance every time he heard music, but now he is shy and silent.
- I used to love hard rock, but now I prefer jazz.
- You are used to driving on the right now.
- She got used to swimming in the cold water.
- They got used to following the diet.
- Barb and Jim are used to having a different time-table.
Fill in the blanks:
am used to driving, is used to having, are used to drinking, is used to speaking, used to think, used to work, used to do a lot, used to speaking new foreign language, used to speak Spanish, used to living with new haircut.
- They ________________ juice instead of coffee.
- I am bald-headed now, but I am _____________________.
- Our girls _______________ of handmade bijou before, but now they need to work
- more at school, so they don’t have enough time for this hobby.
- Now he is a reporter, he _____________ the whole day.
- He ________________, but today he hardly remembers some phrases.
- We ______________ double tides, but it turned out meaningless.
- She ______________ in a different way, but now she understands that she was not right before.
- Oh, it was so difficult before, but now we are completely ________________, which is Chinese.
- I __________ a bike, though it was difficult at first try.
- Fred __________ lunch early, because he needs to hurry all the time.
- Find out the information from the lesson 1 here.
Answer the questions using the correct grammar:
- Yes, I used to smoke.
- Yes, they’re used to it.
- Yes, I’m used to waiting for them.
- Yes, she used to dance as a child.
- Yes, he’s used to working late.
- No, we never used to swim every day.
- No, you didn’t.
- Yes, he used to be a goalkeeper.
- No, she isn’t used to dancing.
- Yes, they’re used to taking orders.
- Are you used to singing?
- Did you use to drink tea?
- Did John use to dance more often?
- Are you used to listening to jazz?
- Are you finally used to driving on the right?
- Is she used to swimming in cold water?
- Are they used to following the diet?
- Are Barb and Jim used to having a different timetable?
Fill in the blanks:
- They are used to drinking juice instead of coffee.
- I am bald now, but I was used to having my hair cut.
- Our girls used to make a lot of handmade jewelry before, but now they need to work more at school, so they don’t have enough time for this hobby.
- Now he is a reporter, he is used to speaking all day long.
- He used to speak Spanish but today he hardly remembers any phrases.
- She used to think differently, but now she understands that she was not right before.
- Oh, it was so difficult before, but now we are completely used to speaking this new foreign language, which is Chinese.
- I am used to riding a bike, though it was difficult at first.
- Fred is used to having lunch early, because he needs to hurry all the time.