What a beautiful day today, isn’t it? Today is the best day to do your homework. I want you to revise this simple grammar before going further. This grammar is easy enough to look it through, do your homework quickly and have a walk.
1. As usual, let’s start by correcting the mistakes:
- Will you eat this cheeseburger? – Yes, I do.
- Are you going to Spain? – No, I don’t go.
- Are they afraid of maths? – No, they do not.
- Do you sing a song in the bathroom? – Yes, I am sometimes.
2. Make up sentences using these phrases:
- How do you think, did they like the evening?
- Are you enjoying the film?
- Has she found the room?
- Do you like classical music?
- Don’t you know where I have put the hat?
- Do you do exercises every morning?
- Did you do everything that I’ve told you to do?
- Have you heard about this group before?
- I did.
- Yes, I am.
- I have.
- I’m afraid not. You should take care of your things.
- I hope so. They were sociable that evening.
- Yes, she has.
- No, I don’t. I am lazy.
- Sorry, but I don’t. We should better go.
3. Answer the following questions using short answers:
- Are you listening to me? –
- Are you here? –
- Will they come? –
- Is she beautiful? –
- Can you give me that book? –
- Do we know them? –
- Will you post the letter for me, won’t you? –
- Are you going to give up? –
- Does he like my cake? –
4. Ask questions to get the following answers:
- – I hope so.
- – I don’t think so.
- – Yes, she does.
- – No, they are not.
- – He can.
- – I am not.
- – They will.
Find out the grammar from this lesson here.