Brain training today! Are you used to it? Today we are going to revise the previous material and practice your new knowledge and skills.
I would like to ask you to do the exercises 1 and 2 using free choice and your enormous imagination. So, don’t ask the questions as “are you?”, and don’t give the answers as “yes, I did.”
Add more story to this part of the practice: this will help you to practice writing and speaking skills. After doing this as I recommended, you will find yourself speaking in a free way, I am sure!
Answer the following questions using the correct grammar:
- Did you use to smoke before?
- Are they used to swimming long distances?
- Are you used to waiting your friends when they come late?
- Did she use to dance when she was a child?
- Is he used to working till late in the evening?
- Did we use to swim every day before the previous year?
- Did I use to speak loudly to you? Sorry.
- Did Jack use to play football?
- Is Ann used to dancing every day?
- Are they used to being told what to do?
Ask questions using the used to do and be used to doing forms:
- We are not used to singing songs, but we really want to get used to this.
- I used to drink a lot of tea, but now I drink coffee every day just like crazy.
- John used to dance every time he heard music, but now he is shy and silent.
- I used to love hard rock, but now I prefer jazz.
- You are used to driving on the right now.
- She got used to swimming in the cold water.
- They got used to following the diet.
- Barb and Jim are used to having different time-table.
Fill in the blanks:
am used to driving, is used to having, are used to drinking, is used to speaking, used to think, used to work, used to do a lot, used to speaking new foreign language, used to speak Spanish, used to living with new haircut.
- They ________________ juice instead of coffee.
- I am bald-headed now, but I am _____________________.
- Our girls _______________ of handmade bijou before, but now they need to work more at school, so they don’t have enough time for this hobby.
- Now he is a reporter, he _____________ the whole day.
- He ________________, but today he hardly remembers some phrases.
- We ______________ double tides, but it turned out meaningless.
- She ______________ in a different way, but now she understands that she was not right before.
- Oh, it was so difficult before, but now we are completely ________________, which is Chinese.
- I __________ a bike, though it was difficult at first try.
- Fred __________ lunch early, because he needs to hurry all the time.
Find out the information from the lesson 1 here.