1) Insert the article (a/an):
- What is it? It’s ____ flower.
- And this? This is _____ car.
- And what is that? That is _____ neighbor’s garden.
- I don’t know if it is ____ vegetable marrow or ____ aubergine.
- Is it ___ bird? Is it __ plane? No it’s ___ Scottish Superman!
- I am ___ doctor. – Yes, you are ____ good doctor.
- He is ____ artist. – No, he is ___ taxi-driver.
- Are you ____ singer?
- Good afternoon! Are you __ shop assistant?
- She is ___ composer. Do you like her music? – Yes, she is ____ very skilled composer and ___ musician too.
- That was _____ expensive dinner.
- Would you like ____ cup of tea?
- You live in ____ very big city.
- What a beautiful child you have!
- This is ___ parrot. He is ____ unusual bird. He can talk.
- I have waited for ____ hour already, and you call me now to say that you will be late!
- What is this on your map? Oh! This is ___ island.
- If I were ___ cat, I would take care about my fur.
2) Insert the article:
- This is ___ easiest lesson!
- ___ next lesson would be ___ hardest one!
- Yesterday you made ____ biggest mistake. Now your girlfriend doesn’t want to speak to you.
- ___ wrong answer was “C”. ___ right one was “B”.
- I’m in ___ kitchen! Could you help me, please?
- What are you looking at? I’m looking at ___ ceiling.
- He wants to visit ___ capital.
- Turn on ____ light, please.
- Where is ____ door?
- Where are ____ friends that you told me so much about?
- Who is ___ tallest among you?
- Where is ____ article?
- ___ Earth turns around ____ Sun.
- Close ____ door and open ___ window, please.
- ___children play in ___ garden.
- What is ____ last chapter about?
3) Insert the article (the/a/an):
- That was ___ lovely day.
- ___ first idea was to write ___ book.
- I met ___ friend that I did not see for a long time.
- Before I considered him ____ best friend of mine.
- Recently he has sent me ___ postcard with zebras.
I thought, that he was in one of ____ countries in Africa.
- He really looked as if he just came from ___ African continent.
He took on ___ high tan.
- In my mind I tried to make ___ list of ___ best possible sobriquets for his new look.
- I looked at __ sky to find out more sobriquets.
- When I was ___ child it was easier to have fun.
- In ___ evening I invited round all of ____ friends from this city to meet our common old friend.
- That was ___ great party! Everyone had fun; we all danced.
Find out the grammar for this lesson here.