Homework, Lesson 5
Lesson 5, grammar
1) Write the questions:
- I am writing a letter; I’m going to be free in a few minutes.
- You are doing exercises to be more svelte.
- She is looking at this skirt again. She should buy it finally!
- Your dog is awesome. He is wagging his tale in such a cute way right now!
- They are studying now. Tomorrow they are going to have their last exam.
- They are going to act in the most famous theater in Europe.
2) Write the answers:
- Are you kidding me? This is not the right example!
- Are they going to start the show now or I have got one more minute to bring drinks?
- Is he eating my pie?
- Are we going out late?
- Are you playing the guitar there?
- Hello? Are you listening to me?
3) Fill in the blanks from the list: am working, is starting, is going, is swimming, are dancing, ‘s raining, am doing, is blushing, are smoking.
- ____ I _________ better today?
- ____ they ________?
- She _____________ a new poem now.
- Look, she __________ like a rose!
- What _______ on, brother?
- ____ I ______ tomorrow?
- He _______________ as a fish.
- ____ you _______?
- Hush! It _______!
4) Correct the mistakes:
- Every day they are working till midnight.
- As for him, he not going out today, because his mother doesn’t allow this.
- You are make a mistake: this is not the right flight.
- What do you doing?
- Is this happen every day?
- I am only go out tomorrow; I am busy today.
Answers, Lesson 5
1) Make up a question for each statement:
- When are you going to be free?
- Why are you doing exercises?
- Is she looking at that skirt again?
- Is my dog making you laugh?
- What are they doing studying for now?
- Where are they going to act?
2) Write answers to the questions:
- Yes, I am listening to you.
- No, I am not playing the guitar.
- Yes, we are going out late.
- Yes, he is eating my pie!
- They are starting in one minute.
- I am not kidding. That’s all I can say.
3) Fill in the blanks from the list:
- Am I doing better today?
- Are they smoking?
- She is starting a new poem now.
- Look, she is blushing like a rose!
- What is going on, brother?
- Am I working tomorrow?
- It’s raining.
- He is drinking like a fish.
- Are you dancing?
- Hush! It is starting.
4) Correct the mistakes:
- Every day they work till midnight.
- As for him, he is not going out today, because his mother doesn’t allow this.
- You are making a mistake: this is not the right flight.
- What are you doing?
- Does this happen every day?
- I’m only going out tomorrow. I’m busy today.